Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Website Wednesday!

This week's website is one that Jason and I use often, in fact, Jason uses daily. If you read my bog, you know that Jason and I are reading the Bible in 2009. We've opted to read the Bible chronologically and are both right on track and in the middle of Exodus. We've completed Genesis and Job. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how many times I read the Bible, I always gain a new understanding and also have even more questions! There are some kooky things in the Old Testament, I'm telling you... 

So, Jason uses Bible Gateway to do his daily reading. He likes to be able to click to read more about the passage if he has any questions or needs more explanation. I use Bible Gateway on a regular basis to hunt for Scripture.

From the company's website:
The Bible Gateway is a tool for reading and researching scripture online -- all in the language or translation of your choice! It provides advanced searching capabilities, which allow readers to find and compare particular passages in scripture based on keywords, phrases, or scripture reference.

You can view a complete list of available Bible versions and translations. To access some of the Bible Gateway's other features (a Verse of the Day widget, Bible commentaries, audio Bibles, and more),...

I personally like the option to read Scripture in various versions right on the same website. I also like to be able to search by key words for verses in the Bible. I'm not the best at remembering where exactly a particular verse is located, so this option is great. 

Time to get into the Word and Bible Gateway is very user friendly and right at your fingertips...no digging for a Bible or wishing you had a different version in hand.

No comments: