Sunday, February 21, 2010

Love my church!

I love our church here! It's taken a while to find one, I'll admit, but has been worth the wait! The pastor, Rick Duncan, preaches directly from the Bible and challenges me to live the life God commands and calls me to live. And, finally, after two years of not singing, I'm singing again! It's food for my soul!

I love the Biblical teaching and the worship services that speak to me through various forms of music. I love our small group and looking forward to getting to know those awesome folks better. I'm excited to see what God has in store for our family serving at Cuyahoga Valley Church.

Just had to share this video that was played in church today. Not many churches are bold enough to play rap, but CVC is! (And, this traditionally raised, hymn-singing girl loved it!) I wonder if the angels floating around on their clouds in heaven, harps in hand, are singing songs like this...

Alan C. Duncan-Fresh Air from Alan C. Duncan on Vimeo.


P.S. No, I don't really think the angels are floating around on their clouds with harps in hand. But, the jury is still out on the genre of music that resounds around the throne of God!



2 comments:

Rick Duncan said...

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement. Glad I found your blog. Blessings to you. And thanks for posting Alan's rap song.

Elliott Scott said...

Glad you guys have settled on a church and I'm really glad you're using your voice to bless others.

Of course we miss you back at lifepath, but knowing that you are both blessed and a blessing is good to hear.