Thursday, November 12, 2009

The countdown begins!


As I glanced at the calendar this morning and counted the days until Christmas, my heart rate began to rise a bit. There are simply 43 days left until Christmas! How is it here again so soon?

And, again this year, I want to make every effort to keep this Christmas from getting too big and focused on the materialism. (Yeah, can someone tell me how to explain that one to my kids?) Several years ago, I heard a great idea from a friend. They give their kids 3 gifts for Christmas just as 3 gifts were brought to Jesus after his birth. Sounds simple enough, right? However, I've been trying to do this now for umpteen years and haven't succeeded yet! Someone help me here!

In our traditions, the presents from Santa are not wrapped and are set up and sitting out waiting for each kid's delight and squeals. The presents from Mom & Dad and family are wrapped under the tree. As I attempt, yet again, to stick to my 3 present goal, and the catalogs are surpassing their quota in my daily mail, it's already giving me a headache.

So, if you are like me and you haven't begun to plan for your kiddos, nieces, nephews, grandkids, check out this website. This catalog has awesome gifts, not your every day Target toys. (...not that there's anything wrong with Target...I pay their light bill for sure!)

Happy shopping!
(& if you have any ideas to help me stay in control, I beg you, post them here!)


No comments: