Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book Review: I Lift Up My Soul by Charles Stanley



(Click the image above to link to Amazon's website.)



Charles Stanley is a well known author in the Christian realm. His words have encouraged many people for over 20 years. Stanley has a way of applying God's Word to every day life and helping the reader connect personally with the ancient Scripture.

"I Lift Up My Soul"* is an excellent tool to begin your day. The devotions are one page in length and include a Scripture passage, key verse for focus, and an applicable reading written by Stanley. Each day concludes with a short prayer. This book would be great as a stand-alone Bible study when time is an issue or can be combined with other Bible studies to enhance your devotional time. The book is divided into 365 readings, dated for each day of the year. Included is a section for adding personal notes at the end of the book.


I recommend this book for the new Christian as well as those of you who have been believers for any length of time.


*This book was provided to me by Book Sneeze for the purposes of review.



No comments: