Monday, January 3, 2011

IGNITE: Read 365 Key Chapters in the Bible

Our church has challenged us to participate in a Bible reading plan in which we will read 365 key chapters in the Bible. Just one chapter a day...simple! And yet, simplicity is not the word that describes what God will do in you if you spend this time in His Word each day. I am continually discovering new things in His Word. It's amazing how I can read a story over and over and each time, see and hear something that is new.

Feel free to print the images below. If you print it front and back, it will fold into a half sheet that will fit inside your Bible.





If you want to add a little extra to your reading time, this book will do the trick (also recommended by our church).


(Click on the image to link to Amazon's website.)



If you want to go a step further, consider journaling. Focus on one or two verses in the passage for the day that have spoken to you. Also suggested by our church, follow the acronym L.O.V.E. and journal just a few sentences for each. I've written an example from today's reading below.

Genesis 4

L (Learn) -
Genesis 4:7 "You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master."

O (Observe) -
The words "sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you" stir uneasiness inside me. Of course, my sins are the disobedient choices I make that separate me from God, but this is the first time I've considered sin to be a presence waiting to control me. I must be on guard. One sin can escalate so quickly into more sin, causing such rubble in my life.

V (Value) -
Praise be to God that He is a God of forgiveness! While He is always just, He is also always loving. Sin doesn't have to control me as I have a God who forgives me when I repent. In repentance and forgiveness, my sins are washed away and my relationship with Him is restored!

E (Express) -
Thank you, Lord, for your constant gift of forgiveness. Help me to be obedient in all things and to trust Your ways above my own.

I'm so thankful to be in a church that equips us with great tools for Spiritual growth. I pray these tools will also be a blessing in your life as you seek to be closer to the Lord in 2011!


No comments: