Friday, January 14, 2011

L.O.V.E. - Genesis 18

Genesis 18

L (Learn) -
Genesis 18:14 - "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

O (Observe) -
I have a cross that has hung by my back or front door for the past 15 years that has this very verse inscribed upon it. Taken from a different translation, the word "hard" is substituted with the word "difficult". "Is anything too difficult for the Lord?" This verse has been an encouragement to me for 15 years on a daily basis as I read those words before heading out to begin the day. Many days, these words have been exactly what I needed as the tasks that awaited me were difficult, but not too difficult for Him. These words have encouraged me through times in my life of waiting and not knowing. Being reminded that my challenges are not above His power has been a great comfort on many worry-filled occasions.

V (Value) -
God's power is beyond my comprehension. There is not anything that will occur in my life that is beyond His covering. Matthew 11:30 says, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Going back a few verses, Jesus says in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I praise you, Lord, for your amazing power and love!

E (Express) -
Thank you, Lord, for your constant presence in my life. When times are challenging, may I find comfort in the knowledge that nothing is too difficult for you and that you work all things for good. Help me to trust in you daily and not in my own ways.

No comments: