Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Book Review: "Gray Matter" by David Levy, MD with Joel Patrick


(Click on the image above to link to Amazon's website.)

I loved this book! As a believer, I would greatly appreciate knowing my life was in the hands of a believing doctor who was not afraid to pray with me. In the second chapter, Dr. Levy talks about his decision to begin praying with his patients (notice the word with, not for...). Interestingly, he was not nervous on the way to the OR because of the brain surgery that waited for him, but because he had made up his mind to pray with the patient prior to the surgery. The book continues with true stories and is well written, easy to read and a welcomed testament of one doctor's care that goes beyond the physical needs of his patients.

This book was provided to me by Tyndale Press for the purposes of review.


No comments: