Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Abby!

I can hardly believe my baby girl is now a 2 year old!  Where has the time gone?  Abigail Elizabeth was named shortly after we found out she was a girl.  Abigail means joy of the father and Elizabeth means consecrated to God.  

I remember the day I took the home pregnancy test.  I was so afraid to give Jason the news.  I just knew it would stress him out.  Money was tight at the time and another child was not something we had decided upon.  However, God's plans are not our own.  (Can I get an amen?)  Instead of stress, Jason reacted with laughter and for several days would call me because he had just laughed out loud at work at the thought of us having another baby.  His laughter was true joy and Abigail would be the perfect name.

From the time I felt her move, I knew she would be a handful.  She was the most active of the three babies.  Immediately following her birth, one of the nurses in the nursery commented that she had never seen one of the newborns move as much as Abigail.  Well, I'm hear to tell you, she is a handful, but she is a joyous handful.  

Abigail absolutely loves life, loves people, loves her family and loves to play.  She loves to dance and sing, she loves to read books, and she loves to be the center of attention.  She is always on the go as she has been since the day the Lord formed her.  I know without a doubt that He has wonderful plans for her life.  We have been blessed beyond measure and she truly fills our life with joy and wonder.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.  We love you so much! 


Very special visitors who couldn't wait to meet you!


6 months old


1 year old


18 months old


2 years old


No comments: