Monday, March 31, 2008

What's Cooking Tonight?

Pot Roast with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
1 boneless beef chuck roast
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Place roast in crock-pot, pour onion soup mix on top of roast and then top with mushroom soup.
Cook 6-8 hours on low.

Ok, I know, I am a total nerd for blogging about what we are having for dinner tonight.  But I really feel I need to share this ultra-easy recipe with you especially if you are like me and constantly looking for simple recipes that are on the healthy side and can be enjoyed by a family of any size.  This recipe uses 3 ingredients and is delicious!  Because of our busy schedule, I try to use my crock-pot as much as possible so dinner, or at least the main dish, is ready when we get home.  This is a dish that we use on a regular basis and is enjoyed by the entire family, although lately Emily's been commenting that she's tired of roast...maybe I need to find a few more recipes as easy as this and put them into the rotation!  

1 comment:

Ali said...

Heres one for you:

4 chicken breast fillets
1 jar of mango chutney
1 carton x450ml whipping cream

combine the mango and cream, pour over chicken fillets and cook

easy!