Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Looks can be deceiving!


Now that we are back in school, I have pulled out the Crock-Pot and dusted it off. I tried a new recipe last week and it was very tasty! I must warn you, though, it's not a beautiful dish and my family (except Abby, who is still at the wonderful age of oblivion) turned their noses up and said, "What is this?" However, as they began eating, lots of "mm's" and "wow, that's good" resounded around the table.  I promise it's good. We had the leftovers last night and it was great leftover as well as the meat had absorbed the sauce and was so tasty. I served it over rice. The sauce was great with rice. I didn't thicken the sauce for time's sake, but if you prefer a thicker sauce and have the time, go for it!

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork
(from Allrecipes)

1 (16 oz) can cranberry sauce
1/3 cup French salad dressing
1 onion, sliced
1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, salad dressing, and onion. Place pork in a slow cooker and cover with the sauce mixture.

2. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours. 

Enjoy!

No comments: