So, I was tagged by my friend, Laurie, to write 6 interesting things about myself. It's taken me a while to come up with some things...I think I have had a boring life! Here are the rules to being tagged:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 6 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, DO IT, and pass along.
So, here goes...
1. Most of you know that I'm a musician and have taught music as well as lead music in churches. You probably know that I play the piano and sing. However, most of you probably do not know that I can play the recorder. While that might not be too impressive to you, did you know that I can play it with my nose?
2. There is a town in Texas named after my mom's side of the family: Schwertner, Texas. Claim to fame: cattle! Moo!
3. Jason and I, along with our friends, Mitch and Rhonda, met John Denver when he was in concert with the Houston Symphony. Thanks to Mitch, we had backstage passes and met him. He was very pleasant to meet. Two weeks later, he was killed in a plane crash.
4. I was born in Abilene, Texas and went to college in Abilene, Texas, but lived in another town all the years in between.
5. I met my husband the summer before our senior year at Hardin-Simmons University. We were both seniors taking freshman English in summer school. Can we say procrastinators?
6. And last but not least, I have NEVER had a brain freeze! Top that!
Now, I'm supposed to tag 6 people. I don't really know that many folks who blog, but I know some folks who SHOULD blog, so if your name is on the list and you read my blog, maybe it's time to start your own!
1. Kate W
2. Claire G
3. Rhonda O
4. Elliott S
5. Ann S
6. Tori C