Saturday, June 14, 2008

Birthday Shopping

Emily and I spent the day today shopping with her birthday money (thanks to grandparents and great-grandmother). We had a great time together! She's definitely reached 8 with requests for a trip to Justice, Nicky Nicole, Claire's, Old Navy, Limited Too and Gymboree. We were very successful and I must brag on my little shopper. She bought things that were on sale and put many things back to save money for the next store. This is the first year the store requests have been like these. 

However, near the end of our adventure, I hear from the backseat, "Mom, can we go to Toys 'R Us, too?" I let out a quick and enthusiastic "YES!", hitting the pedal a little harder and turning the 4-Runner on two wheels to get there. I'm not ready for my little girl to be so grown up that our trips out with birthday money don't include the toy store! 

So, we were very successful in our shopping! Most importantly, we had a much needed mother-daughter day, just the two of us! I'm so glad my Emily loves to spend time with me. 


No comments: