Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!

My oldest baby is 8 years old today. I remember June 9, 2000 as if it were yesterday. After 24 hours of labor, Emily arrived via c-section. Jason and I had opted to not find out what we were having and I think I couldn't have waited one more day. I remember Jason saying through tears and a big smile, "It's a girl!" Little did I know on that day what an adventure awaited me in becoming a Mommy. Within the week, my world had turned pink and it's been pink ever since.

I am so proud of my Emily! She is funny, smart, affectionate, nurturing, curious...the list goes on. She is an awesome big sister to Ben and Abby, who adore her 100%. She is a friend to everyone she meets and is very loyal to her friendships. She loves to learn new things, questions everything and constantly amazes us with her conclusions. She loves animals, bugs, camping, drawing, flip-flops, Hannah Montana, Lip Smackers, piano, reading, sleepovers, writing, and everything pink!

Happy Birthday, Emily!
I love you and I'm so proud to be your Mom.

1 year old


18 months old

2 years old


3 years old


4 years old


5 years old

6 years old


7 years old


8 years old


Family Party Time!
Emily's requested meal:
steak & mashed potatoes

Ben's card to Sissy

"Enchanted" birthday card

"Oh yeah" was the response for this...

Doggie picked out by Abby
(although Abby doesn't quite understand why it's not hers)


We've graduated from the Barbie 3-wheel scooter!


Lookin' good!


First lesson from Daddy


Daddy's girl


Mommy's girl, too!

Happy Birthday, Sissy!


I really think this doggie should be mine!

We love Sissy!

Silly Faces

And the perfect ending:
Birthday Pumpkin Pie
(Emily's request + Paula Dean's recipe = yummy!)


Hope you had a special birthday!
We love you!



No comments: