Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just being random...




I filled my car up yesterday for $.13/gallon! Yes, you're reading it right. I filled up our car and our gas can and my total spent was $2.77! It was awesome. I felt like I had won the lottery! 

Our grocery store, Giant Eagle, has a gas incentive program linked to it's customer card. For every $50 spent in groceries, gift cards or prescriptions, a $.10/gallon discount accrues on the customer card. Being that we recently moved and changed store locations, transferring our prescriptions, and being that all three of my kids had strep last week and required antibiotics, I earned an additional $3.00/gallon through the pharmacy ($1.00/gallon for each new or transfered prescription). Go Giant Eagle! 

Speaking of grocery shopping, have you joined the bandwagon of reusable shopping bags? They seem to be very popular in our area. Just about every store has them. I have not joined in yet because my grocery shopping is so much that I would need to buy several of these bags. I guess I could just gradually buy them... Our school gave some out this week, one to each staff member and one to each student, so I now have 3...I'm feeling peer pressure to say no to paper and plastic and yes to my own shopping bags. Thank goodness our shopping bags say Laurel School because I am not sure what the proper etiquette is for these fancy bags. Can you really take your Wal-Mart reusable shopping bags to Giant Eagle when grocery shopping or must you use Giant Eagle bags at Giant Eagle and Wal-Mart bags at Wal-Mart? Oh, the pressure...

We took Ben to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday and it seems as if the Chuck E. Cheese coins we came home with are now scattered all over the house. Abby has claimed them as her own, her money from Chuck E. JESUS! Love it!

Oh, by the way...just kidding about the reusable bag etiquette...I'm really not that shallow!

Have a great weekend...we're off to the Great Geauga County Fair! Yeehaw!

No comments: