Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Doh!


So, yesterday I was changing Abby's stinky diaper. We are trying to get Abby interested in the potty, but she really has absolutely no interest at all. So, um, maybe I've  been a little too expressive lately when having to change the stinky ones, because yesterday's diaper change went something like this:

Mommy: Abby, do you need your diaper changed; I smell something?
Abby: Yeah, I'm poopy.
Mommy: Let's go change your diaper.
Abby: (laying down waiting for the process to begin) Don't say dammit!
Mommy: What did you say?
Abby: Don't say dammit!
Mommy: Oh no, we don't say dammit. That's a bad word.
Abby: Yeah, we don't say bad words.
Mommy. That's right. Abby, who says dammit?
Abby: Daddy does.

Now, before you jump on Jason, Abby sometimes calls Jason Mommy and me Daddy; who knows why! I'll defend Jason. In this case, Daddy really meant Mommy. 

Where's that bar of soap? Mommy needs some discipline!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Melissa, I have to defend your character here. You NEVER cuss, especially not in front of your children.

I don't cuss either. EVER.

Allie

teresa said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's hilarious...

Anonymous said...

This was way too funny Melissa...it sounds like something Charlie might do :)

Anonymous said...

I would stay clear of Ivory Soap. Mom crammed one or 10 bars of that to the back of my throat when I used words she didnt like. Finally, I put a stop to this practice when I turned 21 and insisted she change to Tone Soap...a bit more buttery and mild.