...with the snow gently falling outside, a roaring fire in the fireplace, and a hot bowl of Chicken 'n Dumplings! I think this recipe got the biggest thumbs up of any I've made in our 13 years of marriage!
Slow Cooker Chicken 'n Dumplings
(taken from allrecipes.com and tweaked a bit by me!)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs. butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
2 large carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 cans low sodium chicken broth (optional)
1 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Add butter and cream of chicken soup, onions, carrots and celery.
2. Cover with water and/or low sodium chicken broth.
3. Cook on High for 4-6 hours.
4. 45 minutes prior to serving, tear the biscuits into smaller pieces and drop into the slow cooker. Let them cook on high for 45 minutes.
5. The chicken will fall apart easily. Serve it up!
This was great the second day, too...didn't make it to the third!