Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



Count your blessings, name them one by one.
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.

This week is Thanksgiving. It's hard to believe it's here already! Even scarier is if Thanksgiving is here, that means Christmas is not far behind. It seems that each year, commercially, Thanksgiving is easily forgotten as we go from seeing Halloween to Christmas when we're out and about. I'm actually very impressed that I have not yet seen any Christmas lights in our town.

I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It's the one holiday that is simply about togetherness; family, friends, FOOD, and reflecting on the things that call us to be thankful. I am going to take a break from blogging again this week because we have a busy household with everyone home, two new kitties and Grandma coming to town. I also want to just focus on being with my family and spending time reflecting on the blessings that God has lavished upon me this year.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. This may be a tough time of year for you or maybe this year has been especially hard. At times, it's difficult to find things to be thankful for, but I encourage you to find even one thing that you are able to sincerely give thanks. God calls us to be thankful in the good times and the hard times, for all hope is found in Him and His love is far greater than whatever it is we might be facing in our present struggles.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; 
His love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

Now, our God, we give you thanks 
and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:13

No comments: