Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 4...Full Speed Ahead!

Today is Day 4 on our journey. We have been very good and have not cheated once (big deal for me!). We've also done our 30-day-shred video every morning this week. In just 4 days, I can already do more pushups and ab crunches than I could do just 3 days ago.

This has really not been as difficult as I thought it would be. Now, I will admit, on day 2, I wanted some french fries! No joke... Day 3, yesterday, I didn't have any silly cravings. The recipes we've been using having been delicious and very filling. Last night's dinner was grilled salmon on a bed of wilted spinach and sauteed mushrooms with a side of green beans and one slice of wheat bread. It was excellent! The rest of the day included a Myoplex shake for breakfast, a Myoplex bar for mid-morning meal, turkey sandwich (wheat bread, mustard, lettuce tomato, roasted turkey) for lunch and an apple and two hard-boiled eggs for mid-afternoon meal. The great thing about this diet seems to be that we eat all day long. I've only found myself hungry one time in between our meals and I just grabbed a fat-free yogurt.

It helps me so much that Jason is doing this with me. It's much easier to have a partner! And, great news...I've lost 4 pounds! Woohoo! In the meantime, my arms, legs and abs are quite sore!

Oh, I think I've failed to mention that on this new plan, we get one "free" day a week to indulge or eat whatever we want and not worry about calories, low-fat, etc. Don't think we haven't already made the list of what we'll eat on Sunday!

Have a great day!

No comments: