Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No pain no gain, right?


I am in pain today, thanks to Miss Jillian Michaels! It's a good kind of pain, I guess. Abby wants me to hold her and I compromise by sitting on the floor and her sitting in my lap. My arms are screaming today!

Day 1 of our new journey to be healthy went by rather quickly. I didn't feel hungry other than at the times it was time to eat. Today, I am craving me some sweets, though. But, I will stand strong and not give in! I really like that this plan allows us to eat 6 times a day. The trick is the right foods at the right times in the right amounts.

The morning started off today with 16 oz of water and a torture session with the previously mentioned Miss Michaels. This was followed by a pina colada protein shake, and now, snack time is quickly approaching. Snack this morning will be fat-free Yoplait and this afternoon will be an apple and string cheese. Lunch will be a Chicken Caesar Wrap and Dinner will be Asian Beef Stir-Fry. The recipes in Eating for Life actually seem to be really good. (I do have to admit the cheesecake last night was just so-so. I'm not sure I will repeat that one.)

For me, this is a mind transformation, seriously. After the past 30 years of using food (or sleep...that's another posting altogether) as an escape or comfort or reward, I am having to literally change how I live life. I have never been one to exercise and, honestly, pretty much hate it, but that can no longer be an excuse. I want to set a good example for my three kids so that their life is naturally this way. I want to be healthy so that I am around to play on the floor with my grandkids. I want to be healthy to have the energy it takes to run my household of 5! I want to go shopping for clothes and have a hard time choosing because everything looks good instead of having a hard time choosing because there's not much that looks good. (I'm just trying to be as honest as I can here!)

I am the little engine that will! I know I can, I know I can, I know I can... And how do I know? When I am weak, He is strong!

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13


No comments: