Thursday, April 17, 2008

Quick Fix...

It's been one of those weeks.  I'm confident you know what I'm talking about.  Here it is Thursday, and I can't really tell you what I've accomplished this week outside of a couple of loads of laundry. I haven't cooked a meal at home this week, which is very unusual for us, and I'm tired. It's been one of those weeks that it's been pretty easy to fall into "piti-party" mode. The dogs are nuisances, the explosive diapers have been way too many for anyone's liking this week, the car is making some strange noise that I'm sure will not be a cheap fix, our tenant in Texas is not paying the rent, Grandpa has been in the hospital this week, Hubby has come home grouchy and stressed almost every night this week, and as of yesterday afternoon, we now have one down for the count with strep.  Hmm, see how easy it is for me? 

I think that we all have periods of time in our lives that the "piti-party" mode is right there in our reach.  And yet, there are many people who would give their right arm to have a week like I described above.  I'll admit, I haven't spent any time in the Word this week and very little time in prayer.  Hmm...

Benjamin is home today with strep and not feeling well.  It didn't take long to get a smile on his face.  All it took was a quick fix that included some french toast sticks and Danimals.  

Oh, to be 4...


My situations may remain the same, and next week's list of challenges might be even longer.  I wonder if I spent time in the Word and in prayer, would I be able to smile like Ben?  I bet so!

If you're in "piti-party" mode like me, I think the quick fix for our soul has to be to stay committed to the Word and prayer. Although we may feel alone, God's Word promises that we are not.  He is with us in all kinds of weeks. 

No comments: