Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yummy for your tummy...

This is a great pasta salad!  I found it on the allrecipes.com website, which I use all the time. I made it yesterday for lunch with a friend and it's very tasty. The only change I made was using small grape tomatoes instead of chopped tomatoes. Can you believe that the yellow peppers at my grocery store this week were $4.99/lb? Thank goodness, I only needed one! 

I would have taken a picture of it, but it disappeared quickly. 
Enjoy!

Italian Confetti Pasta Salad
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 cups colored rotini pasta
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced black olives

Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, black pepper and garlic until well blended. Mix in basil. Add pasta, tomatoes, bell peppers and olives; fold gently until mixed. Chill several hours. Stir gently before serving.

No comments: