Friday, April 4, 2008

Where are you planted?

Remember the Veggie Tales seeds we planted last Saturday?

Well, we've watched as our seeds have begun to show some green pushing through the dirt this week. I think it's safe to say they are officially sprouts! The kids have been so excited to watch them and are in competition to see whose are coming up first, the biggest, etc...  

I'm reminded of what a wonder life is and how God's creation is still amazing even today. We can go to our local hardware or grocery store, buy a small packet of seeds that were packaged who knows where, put them in the dirt, add water, the right amount of light, and life begins. And from this life, many will benefit as the plants bear their fruit.

Aren't our lives a little like those seed packets?  I mean, think about it...we're born into this world in all different locations, influenced by this world and a little like the seed packets sitting on the shelf at the store; all different varieties with potential to bear many different fruits. When we allow ourselves to be planted in the Lord, watered by his living water (John 4:14) and led by the Light of the world (John 8:12), we also begin to bear fruit.  

Jesus says in John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." God is still in the business of creating and giving life. We have the choice to accept the life He gives or choose a life on our own.  I am glad I have chosen to be a part of God's garden and He is my gardener (John 15:1).   

Lord, thank you for your gift of life.  Help me today and every day to continue to choose your ways.  I pray that I will bear much fruit and that you will use me Lord to your glory to further the blooming of your kingdom.   ~Amen.

No comments: